2012 Upcoming Reunion Information
Clash of the Heathens - Ft. Campbell
Will be held the weekend of July 20-22, 2012
Agenda for the weekend:
Friday evening - Cookout at Susie and Mike Paiser’s house
Saturday - breakfast - Deluxe Continental Breakfast at hotel or Denny’s - guest choice
Saturday - Tour Jefferson Davis State Historic Site
Saturday - lunch - at Jefferson Davis Site
Saturday - afternoon - Tour of Beachaven Winery
Saturday evening - Pickin’ on the Porch at MBR Distillery
Sunday - Country Music Hall of Fame - Nashville (Lunch in Nashville if time allows)
Mike (#51) and Susie (#001)
886 Glenraven Dr
Clarksville, TN 37043
|Click Here to Download the Complete
Please mark you calendars, notebooks, significant other memory machine, or write it on your wrist that the:
Heathens Descend on DC
the weekend of July 30-August 1.
We've secured rooms at the Radisson Hotel located in Crystal City, Virginia. The rooms are less than $91/night including taxes. The Radisson is located very close to the Crystal City Metro Station, so travel in and around DC will be easy without the hassle of DC parking.
1. Dinner together at the Radisson the evening of Friday, July 30. More to come on this later.
2. Saturday we can visit the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and have dinner on one of the party boats in DC. More to come on this later.
3. Sunday we can visit the Udvar Hazy Museum (Air and Space Annex at Dulles Airport), which is just as amazing as the Air and Space. The Udvar Hazy has, among other items, the Space Shuttle Enterprize and an SR-71. (As some of you may know, the SR-71 was really the RS-71 until President Johnson called it the SR-71 in a speech. It was easier to rename the craft than correct the President).
4. The above plans aren't locked in. There is soooooooooo much to do in DC. If you haven't seen the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, the National Archives is a must see. The monuments are extraordinary too.
1. If you plan on arriving by commercial air, the Radisson has a free shuttle from Reagan National (DCA). Arriving at Dulles (IAD) is about a $50 cab ride but let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.
2. The address for the Radisson is: 2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202. No need to call them. All the rooms are in my name. I have to provide a rooming list later this summer.
3. Let me know what you'd like to do in DC!!
Please help me out by doing the following:
1. Let me know if you're planning on attending, and how many will be with you, to include how many rooms you'd like.
2. Please look at the email addresses this went to. If you know a Swamp Heathen that wasn't included in this email, please forward it and send me the contact information.
My contact information is:
Mike & Ann Pearson
8428 Willow Forge Rd
Springfield, VA 22192-1724
(703) 451-5570 (h)
(202) 307-9011 (w)
My only concern is: Is DC ready for the Heathens?
The Heathens gathered in Huntsville, AL this year for the 1st ever Heathen Reunion. The weekend started with a cookout at SH1's house, a day of touring the US Space and Rocket Center, a banquet at the Mariott with slideshows and stories, and finally another cookout at the Rustic Lodge on Redstone Arsenal. Have you noticed the 'food theme' yet?
Click HERE for pictures
Finally Online !
This site will be constantly under construction for a good while. Keep your pants on and we will make changes as we can. Not all of us can stay home and surf the 'net all day!
A message from SH55
Welcome to the virtual swamp. I am your webmaster and will do all that I can to make this site "all that it can be". Just give me your ideas, suggestions, and criticisms and I will do what I can to improve it. Hopefully you brethern will find a haven here, a place to reconnect, communicate, and share the joyous events in your lives with your old family. Drop me a line and l keep me in the loop. Jeff